Zoom Zero Travel Pass
The Zoom Zero Travel Pass provides free travel between home and school within the South Yorkshire boundary.
You will need to apply to your local council to check if you qualify for this pass. You may qualify if your child is:
- under eight years old, lives in South Yorkshire, and travels over two miles from home to get to school
- between eight and 16 years old, lives in South Yorkshire, and travels over three miles from home to get to school
- between eight and 16 years old, lives in South Yorkshire, is in receipt of Free School Meals and travels over two miles from home to get to school.
Free travel on bus and tram, between home and school, Monday to Friday up to 1900. It is valid on the days when school is open in term time only.
Please be aware that no pass means that you could pay full fare.
To check if you qualify, please apply through your local council. Please see Local Councils Contacts page for details.
Zoom Zero Travel Passes are valid for one Academic Year and you must reapply via your local council every year.
If you have checked with your local council and you don’t qualify for a free pass, then you can purchase a pass privately through TSY. Please visit the Zoom Zero Travel Pass – Private Purchase page for details.
Applications submitted to the local council by 30 June will be processed and sent to home addresses during August in time for the start of term in September.
If you have received an order confirmation email from TSY stating that your pass is being processed, you should receive your pass in no more than 5 working days.
To replace a lost or damaged pass there is a £7 replacement fee. Stolen passes can be replaced free of charge if you have a Crime Reference Number from the Police.
You can make the payment by calling Traveline on 01709 515151 using your credit or debit card.
All replacements will be posted to your home address by First Class Post.
The Code of Conduct is a condition of use for a Zoom Zero Travel Pass. Non-compliance with this code may result in the withdrawal of the pass and payment of the full adult fare. Please see the Zoom Zero Travel Pass Code of Conduct for further information.
- Zoom Zero Travel Pass leaflet (PDF, 672Kb)
- Discounted tickets for Young People
- Conditions of use - concessionary pass (PDF, 411Kb)
- Zoom Zero Travel Pass Code of Conduct (PDF, 400Kb)
- Pass FAQs
Other useful pages:
You may also be interested in:
Zoom Zero Travel Pass - Private Purchase
Zoom Under 16 Travel Pass