Jumble Lane Crossing and Barnsley Interchange Link Bridge Closure
On Monday 2 January, when Barnsley FC play at home, Jumble Lane bridge and the link bridge in Barnsley Interchange will be closed one hour prior to kick off and one hour after the game has concluded. Kick off will be at 15:00.
The temporary footbridge over the Jumble Lane crossing has limited capacity and will be closed for the safety of fans and other customers due to the volume of people who might want to use the bridge on match days. Similarly, the link bridge in the Interchange will be closed, except to people with mobility issues and those in wheelchairs.
The decision to close the bridges for one hour before and one hour after each home match was made by British Transport Police, South Yorkshire Police, Barnsley Council, Barnsley FC and SYMCA to prevent any safety issues for public transport users.
Posters will be displayed around the Interchange and on the rail station informing anyone with accessibility issues, or short connections, wishing to cross the link bridge on match days to liaise with a member of staff on site or at the rail ticket office who will be happy to assist.
Alternative routes to Oakwell will be signposted via:
- Midland Street, Eldon Street, Eldon Street North, and Schwäbisch Gmünd Way
- Kendray Street/Glassworks Square, Mayday Green, Cheapside, New Street, West Way, Wesley Street, Lambra Road, Pontefract Road, and Grove Street
There will be no access for supporters via the Glassworks or Alhambra Centre.
Please plan ahead and allow extra time for your journey.
- Use our Journey Planning tools at journeyplanner.travelsouthyorkshire.com.
- Follow @TSYalerts on Twitter
- Call our Traveline team on 01709 515151