If you have any of the following proofs of entitlement you can immediately apply online:
- A letter from the Department of Work and Pensions (DWP) showing that you have been awarded Higher Rate Mobility Component of Disability Living Allowance (DLA)
- Personal Independence Payment (PIP) letter which must state a score of 8 points in either Moving Around or Communicating to qualify for a pass
- Proof that you have been awarded a “Blue Badge”
We need to see both sides of the blue badge (one side shows your name and photo and the other side has the ‘valid to’ date)
- Proof that you are receiving War Pensioner's Mobility Supplement
- A letter from your local authority confirming that you are entitled to a pass
- A completed Mental Health Transport Concession form signed and stamped by your psychiatrist (Barnsley only).
If you don’t have any of these proofs you will need to apply to your local authority to get a letter confirming your disability status. See Local Council information on this page for further details.
Applying for a 'with carer' pass
If you think that you qualify for a “with carer” pass you will also need to provide proof that you:
- are in receipt of the Higher Rate Care Component of Disability Living Allowance, or
- are in receipt of Higher Rate Attendance Allowance, or
- have been awarded enhanced rate payments under the Daily Living Component of PIP.
Applying for a 'visually impaired' pass
If you are applying for a pass with the “visually impaired” logo for the first time you will need to provide one of the following:
- A letter from your local authority confirming that you are entitled to a visually impaired/partially sighted pass
- A letter from Sheffield Royal Society for the Blind, or you can contact them and they will apply on your behalf.
Living outside of South Yorkshire?
If you live outside South Yorkshire, you need to apply to the local authority that covers your usual place of residence.
MyTSY account in your name (or log in if you already have an account)
Set up a
Log in > Select Passes from the top menu > Concessions > Disabled Person's Pass
‘What you need to apply’ guidelines page
Complete all personal details and upload proof documents - visit our
‘Acceptable Photograph’ guidelines page as an unsuitable photo could delay your application
Upload your photo – see the
Check your order and go to checkout.
If all the details are correct your pass will be dispatched within 11 days of receiving your completed online application.
Apply now >>
Apply by post
Coronavirus update – postal/drop box pass applications
Things are a little different at the moment, and as such we are unable to offer paper application forms in the same way as we used to. However, if you are unable to apply online, please give the Traveline team a call on 01709 515151, and they will happily talk to you about your options.