The Travel South Yorkshire website sets cookies.
If you continue to use this website, we will assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on this website. Find out more about the cookies used on this website.
  • Disabled Person’s Pass

    The Disabled Person's Pass entitles disabled people to free off peak travel on buses across England (plus additional concessions in South Yorkshire) through the English National Concession Travel Scheme (ENCTS).

    Do you qualify for a pass?Apply nowTravelling with a carerFind your local council When can you travel?

    Do you qualify for a pass? 

    If you live in South Yorkshire you may qualify for a pass if you:

    • are blind or partially-sighted
    • are deaf or without speech
    • have a disability which has a substantial and long-term adverse effect on your ability to walk
    • do not have arms or have long-term loss of the use of your arms
    • have a learning disability, or
    • have been or would be refused a driver’s licence on medical grounds (other than on the grounds of persistent misuse of drugs and alcohol).

    Before you apply:

    Think about how you will prove that you are entitled to a pass. You may already have proof documents that we can accept or you may need to contact your local council or another organisation. You can find details on our 'What you need to apply' guidance page. Once you have the right proof, you can apply.

    If you live outside South Yorkshire, you need to apply to the local authority that covers your usual place of residence.

    Apply now

    Step 1: Set up an account in your name (or log in if you already have an account)

    Step 2: Log-in > Select Passes > Concessions > Disabled Person’s Pass

    Step 3: Complete personal details, upload proof documents and photo.  Before uploading your photograph please check our acceptable photo guidance

    Read the full guidance of documents we accept on the 'What I need to apply' page as you will need to have the following ready:

    • proof of your address
    • proof of your age (birth certificate)
    • a photo of yourself
    • your proof of entitlement.  Full guidance on accepted proof documents is on the 'What you need to apply page'.

    Step 4: Check your order and go to checkout. We aim to dispatch your pass within 11 days of receiving your completed online application. 

    Apply now >>

    Register for an account >>

    Replace your pass >>

    If you don't have internet access

    If you do not have access to the internet to apply online you can phone us on 01709 515151.  

    Travelling with a carer

    If you can provide proof of your entitlement to a pass, as detailed on our 'What do I need to apply' full guidance page, and you are in receipt of the Higher Rate Care Component of the Disability Living Allowance or Higher Rate Attendance Allowance or if you have been awarded enhanced rate payments under the Daily Living Component of PIP then you qualify for a special pass that allows one carer to travel with you for free. Your pass will bear a special 'plus C' logo, indicating that a person accompanying you can get free travel within South Yorkshire.

    Back to top  

     Find your local council

    Use our journey planner to plan your journey to your local council offices.


    Community Information Service
    Wellington House, Wellington Street, Barnsley, S70 1WA
    For general enquiries about Disabled Passes call 01226 773555


    Mobility Travelpass Section
    Civic Office, Waterdale, Doncaster, DN1 3BU
    Tel 01302 735336


    Neighbourhoods and Adult Services
    Riverside House, Main Street, Rotherham, S60 1AE
    Tel 01709 382121


    One Stop Service
    Howden House,
    Union Street,
    Sheffield S1 2SH
    0114 273 4567 (select option 5)

    When can you travel?

    Disabled PassWithin South Yorkshire your Disabled Person's pass will entitle you to free travel at all times on:

    • Local bus services, trams and trains*
    • Northern train services* between South Yorkshire and West Yorkshire.  Note that your pass is not valid for train journeys wholly within West Yorkshire.  Either your boarding or alighting station must be in South Yorkshire.

    * Valid on trains only if your pass carried the Travel South Yorkshire logo.

    In all other parts of England, South Yorkshire passes can be used for free travel on bus services between 0930 and 2300 weekdays and all day weekends and Bank Holidays. They are not valid on tram services outside of South Yorkshire.

    More information and conditions of use:

    Back to top

About Us | Terms of use | Privacy | Accessibility | Sitemap | © 2020
TSY © 2020 | Privacy Policy