Industrial action affecting rail services
The UNITE union have confirmed its members will be taking strike action on Friday 2, Saturday 3, Friday 23 and Saturday 24 December affecting East Midland Railway services.
The RMT union has also announced industrial action will be taking place on Tuesday 13, Wednesday 14, Friday 16 and Saturday 17 December and on Tuesday 3, Wednesday 4, Friday 6 and Saturday 7 January affecting all rail companies that operate through South Yorkshire.
Customers are advised not to travel.
On strike days any services which do operate are expected to be extremely busy and operate a reduced timetable, starting later than usual and finishing earlier (before 19:00).
On the day after the strikes a significantly reduced level of service will be in place and customers should expect some disruption to the advertised service levels.
Customers should check before they travel and expect severe disruption.
More details on routes affected will be shared on the operators webpages:
- Cross Country (XC) - crosscountrytrains.co.uk/disruption
- East Midland Railways (EMR) - eastmidlandsrailway.co.uk/rail-strike.
- London North Eastern Railway (LNER) - lner.co.uk/travel-information/Industrial-action/.
- Northern Trains Ltd (NTL) - https://www.northernrailway.co.uk/travel/strikes
- Transpennine Express (TPE) – tpexpress.co.uk/travel-updates/strike-action.
- Hull Trains (HT) - hulltrains.co.uk/travel-information/industrial-action.
Operators are relaxing rules relating to ticket validity on strike days. Customers are advised to check with their operator as they may be able to travel before or after strike days or claim a full refund with no admin fee if they decide not to travel.
Most ticket offices across the region are expected to be closed, this will reduce the range of tickets available.
Plan ahead before you travel:
Buses in the South Yorkshire region will be running a normal timetable but, due to disruption on the rail network, services may be busier than normal.
- Check National Rail for the latest updates
- Use thetrainline.com to plan your rail travel and check for delays
- Check our disruptions page for latest updates
- Use our journey planner to plan your trip and check departures
- Follow @TSYalerts on Twitter - we will share what we know as soon as we can
- Call our Traveline team for help with alternative journeys on 01709 515151