Coronavirus: Travel information and advice
Do not travel if you have coronavirus symptoms, you are self isolating or you are living with someone who has symptoms
Last updated 25 February - updated in line with Gov.uk removing restrictions
We’re following Government advice to help control the spread of Coronavirus (COVID-19) when using public transport and to help you travel safely.
The Government suggests that you continue to wear a face covering in crowded and enclosed spaces where you may come into contact with other people you do not normally meet. We encourage you to wear a face covering, if you can, onboard public transport and in our interchanges and stations.
To help reduce the spread of COVID-19 we need you to:
- Be patient and flexible when you travel and consider others, transport will be busier so plan ahead and avoid peak times (we’re currently experiencing busier buses on weekdays between 7-9am and 2-5pm and 7-9am and 3-5pm on tram). Visit our 'When is the best time to travel page' for more information.
- Wear a face covering, if you can, when using public transport, as well as our interchanges and stations.
- Allow space for yourselves and others around you when using our interchanges, stations and public transport,
- Wash or sanitise your hands frequently and use contactless payment or buy your ticket in advance.
- Walk or cycle if you can.
For the latest Government advice and information please visit the Gov.uk website
We encourage you to wear a face covering, if you can, onboard public transport and in our interchanges and stations to protect yourself and others.
Find the latest guidance on face coverings on the Gov.uk website.
Travelling on public transport
What we’re doing to make travel safer for all when using public transport.
More information on safer travel >
How we’re working to keep everyone safe in our interchanges and stations.
Visit our interchanges page >
Help for vulnerable people
Assistance and information for vulnerable and disabled passengers and updates from Community transport.
Find help available >
Best time to travel?
Download the latest bus operator capacity checker apps to see how busy the bus, tram or train will be.
Download now >
How to pay for travel
Pay contactless if you can, buy tickets in advance or use exact fare in cash.
More information on buying tickets >
Try walking and cycling
Support to help you keep going with walking and cycling.
Information on walking and cycling >
Check the latest timetable changes across our South Yorkshire network.
Service Changes page >